Mcintosh C46 vs c200 anybody heard them ??

Anybody heard these 2 fine preamps thanks,any thoughts ??
Ag insider logo xs@2xsuperhonestben
thanks for the reply, I do own a mac c46/252 also have the mac c2200/275 1v. ENJOY them both. Also have a Linn Ikemi,sounds like we have similar tastes...anyway enjoy your combo...mighty nice.
I recently got a pair of B & W N800s through an Audiogon seller. A dealer near to me sells B & W speakers and powers them with Macs. They gave me demo using a C46 and MC402 power amp. I had recently gotten a Linn Unidisk 1.1 (also through Audiogon) and used that for the signal source. The sound was wonderful: spacious, transparent, detailed, and natural. Since the C46 & MC402 combo was 40% cheaper than the C200 and MC501s, I didn't feel the need to investigate the higher priced items, as I was so pleased with the "budget priced" pair. I placed an order for the combo, and expect them to arrive next week.
I apologize for not being able to tell you how the C46 and C200 sound in comparison to each other. I spent two years auditioning all kinds of equipment. After listening to the C46/MC402 pairing, I felt I no longer had to keep searching for audio Nirvanna. Hopefully some other A'goners can provide you with additional information. From my own experiences, however, I strongly encourage you to actually hear the equipment you're interested in before making a final decision. One thing I've learned is that every audio component has its indvidual sonic signature. Only your ears will ultimately tell you what's best for you.