McIntosh C2700 or Luxman L38uC

Hi...anyone with either of those that can provide valuable comments?
Thanks
kozka

Showing 3 responses by luxmancl38

I've had the CL38U SE for about three years. Prior to that I had a CJ ET3 SE. There is no comparison. Just 1K difference in price but miles difference between the preamps. The 38 had more dynamics top end is detailed not rolled off like the CJ. When I demoed the Luxman at home I put on Black Magic Woman on my, at the time Linn TT. The whole song just came alive. The Guitar licks had bite that the CJ couldn't reproduce. The tubes are as quiet today as they were over three years ago. The built in three tube phono is excellent. I don't know of any built in phonos at this price that has four  step up transformers. Since purchasing the preamp I sold the Linn and added the Luxman PD-171 TT. I'm using it w/a Dynavector 20xl2. LP's are dead quiet. Very rare do I get surface noise or pop's and clicks. This is my last preamp.
The 38 C has a low impedance output of 300 ohms. Very easy on the tubes. In my case it's three years and no change on any tube. I've heard anywhere from 5-10 years. We'll see.