mcintosh c2600 and ma6600 question

My Mcintosh c2600 has just arrived. Still waiting for my c452 amp. Anxious to try it out. 

1. Is it possible to connect Macintosh c 2600 to my ma6600 integrated while I wait for my amp? 
2. Would there be any sonic benefits? Or introducing a 3rd component would degrade the signal from my source? 
3. If indeed possible, how would I actually do it? Which volume control should I be using? I have an mcd550 as a source. 
4. Are there any dangers in doing this? 
5. I also have a krell kav500 amp, would  this make a good pairing with c2600? Speakers are VA Mozart. 
ei001h
Thanks for all the feedback and I am only considering buying used from Audio Classics due to budget. $5k is the max I can spend right now and that is stretching it :) 

And yes, I will eventually upgrade speakers.

I currently have the MA6600 I think it sounds lovely. However, I’m just getting the upgrade bug as i’m listening to more and more Vinyl and the MA6600 doesn’t have MC phono stage and I’d rather not have to buy a separate phono preamp, but maybe I will in the mean time.

I don’t have enough cash to do all these upgrades at once, hence why I’m buying used.

Cheers!
I sold my ma6600 for 3k here. If you’re buying brand new Mcintosh from a dealer you should get at least 15% off MSRP, at absolute minimum.
If I was in your situation, I’d go for an all tube system and a preamp without a dac (c22, c70)
you won’t regret it.
Keep in mind that if you get the aforementioned Mcintosh system, you’ll end up with amplification that would outmatch your speakers by a long shot. You’ll eventually want to upgrade your speakers to BW803D3 or similar to let your amps really shine. Ideally you should optimize your speakers prior to upgrading your amp/pre. This was the mistake I made, I had a 15k system driving 2.5k speakers. When I finally got my SF
Elipsa se, I was able to get the most out of my amps. I found that ideal ratio of money spent on amp to speakers should be 1:4. Thus, for your speakers I'd just get a integrated amp for now until you're ready to upgrade your speakers. 
I agree with Mike at Audioclassics but I always agree with Mike at Audioclassics.

I also agree you should consider the new C70 since its an all analog design and you don't need a built in DAC with your Metrum. Of course, if you go with the MC275 you will be pining for your blue meters so you might consider a C70/SS amp combo if you decide to trade the MA6600.

I recently traded in my C42 for the new C70 and I am pairing it with an MC2205. I am loving the sound and after a few weeks of testing it has now replaced my EAR 834P phono stage.
Speakers are B&W 702s2 

Metrum Ambre- Streamer
Metrum Onyx- Dac
Project Debut Carbon Espirit- Will be upgrading to Rega P6 very soon

And yes , C2600 is an option as well, it will just depend on how much this all costs. Audioclassics quoted me at $5k for MA6600 trade it for C47/MC275 combo.

I initially wanted to try c2500/c2600 with the integrated to see how I liked it, but your experience is leaning me away from that. I would eventually sell MA6600 for a power amp of some sort if I did go the C2600 route.

Depends on your speakers. If you’re going the tube route then why not go fully tube and get a tube preamp as well. I’d go for the new C70 or C2600. A C22 would be a nice match to mc275, buy I think they discontinued the line. Whats does the rest of your system look like? 
Mike at Audioclassics suggested I trade in the MA6600 for a C47/MC275 combo saying that would be a big improvement. What do you think?
separates definitely sound better, but I wish I kept the ma6600 for my other system, it was a sweet sounding amp
right, well separates should be better so not sure why you would regret that. I've heard others hooking up tube preamp with integrated with good results. 
Post removed 
Low end totally collapsed, upper bass became muddy, soundstage narrowed and overall sweetness disappeared. 
When I connected to to MC452 there was a noticeable improvement in all areas and markedly improved from ma6600 when it was used as an integrated 

I do regret selling the ma6600 though 
Did you hook up the c2600 to the MA6600 with success? I'm thinking about doing this my self
My mistake; @tls49 is correct.  There are indeed jumpers between the power amp and output 1 jacks.  The rear panel photo I looked at yesterday wasn't clear enough to see that.  No substitute for checking the original manual information.  Apologies!

Regardless, have fun with your new 2600 and tell us how you like it.  It's supposed to be quite the piece. 

1. Yes

2. See #3

3. You will need to remove the jumpers between Output 1 and PWR AMP on the MA6600. Then use a cable to connect the output of the C2600 to PWR AMP on the MA6600. All sources will need to be disconnected from the MA6600 and connected to the C2600. This will use only the power section of the MA6600 with the C2600. All controls of the MA6600 will be useless except for the power button. This uses the C2600 as the preamp and bypasses the preamp section of the MA6600. Then just use the C2600 controls like you were using the controls on the MA6600. Sonic benefits, absolutely. 3rd component, actually no, just using a different preamp.

4.No

5.You can just try it to see how it sounds.

***Make sure you store the jumpers in a safe place. They will have to be reattached to use the MA6600 as a stand alone integrated amp.

As far as I can tell, you wouldn't gain much.  The MA6600 doesn't seem to offer an external processor loop.  That's what would disconnect the 6600 preamp section from its power amp and allow you to use all the benefits of the 2600.  You can use the fixed output of the 2600 into the server input of the 6000 if you wish, but that just washes the tubed output through the SS preamp section.  Patience may be more appropriate.