McIntosh C2300 vs C2500/C2600 A/B Comparison

Hi,

I did my reading online and couldn't really find a clear cut answer.
I currently own a C2300 and I might have a chance to switch to a C2500.
Has anyone done an A/B comparison soundwise?

I am not interested in the DAC capabilities of the C2500 as I generally use the regular line in input for CD and MM input for phono as my main sources.

Mainly - Is there a big enough sonic difference between the two and if so what is it? 
Thank you everyone!
yyman23

Showing 5 responses by yyman23

Thanks for the input!
That's the problem... The C2500 is not nearby, so it means buying it and trying it. I think it may be too much of a hassle and truthfully I kind of like that the C2300 is pure analog without the extra DAC features.
Thank you stereo5,

Even though it's hard to describe sounds, in what way does it present music differently than the 2300? 
Thanks again!
I'm going to roll some tubes as well before pulling the trigger on trying the 2500.
Thanks again for all the help. I did not pull the trigger on the C2500. I rolled some smooth plate Telefunken tubes in the MM and Line Stage of my C2300 and the sound is very lush and sweet. I own McIntosh XRT-28's and the highs can get a little too sharp sometimes. The C2300 and the Telefunkens really softened in a good way. I think that's the best my system has ever sounded. 
On to the next tweak... Rebuild McIntosh MC40's on the way :-)
I think I remember reading your post about the C50 vs C2300 in the past. I also think we chatted before.
Thank you! I'll be staying in this weekend listening to music and watching TV.
Be safe everyone!