McIntosh C2300 vs C2500/C2600 A/B Comparison

Hi,

I did my reading online and couldn't really find a clear cut answer.
I currently own a C2300 and I might have a chance to switch to a C2500.
Has anyone done an A/B comparison soundwise?

I am not interested in the DAC capabilities of the C2500 as I generally use the regular line in input for CD and MM input for phono as my main sources.

Mainly - Is there a big enough sonic difference between the two and if so what is it? 
Thank you everyone!
yyman23

Showing 2 responses by effischer

If you're not interested in the DAC, save your money and keep the C2300.  The analog signal electronics are the same as what's used in the C2500/2600/2700.  An argument could even be made that without the DAC and the associated I/O subsystems, there less chance of potential interference between the digital and analog sections.

The C2300 made Harry Pearson's reference system for nearly a year after it was introduced, so changing out for the sake of change doesn't seem like it would gain you anything.  You'll have to make up your own mind on the matter, but a side-by-side audition would definitely be in order before making any changes IMO.

Good luck & happy listening!
Congratulations!  I feel that was a very good call on your part.  No fuss, no muss and minimum bucks.  I never got to tube roll my C2300; turned it in on a C50 for reasons not relevant to this thread.  I'd always wanted to try the Telefunkens; it was superb with the stock tubes and I suspect it would have been perfect with matched Telefunkens.  Perhaps sometime in the future. Have fun!