McIntosh C 2300 vs BAT VK-52SE/51SE

Hello I currently have a BAT VK-3I that I would like to upgrade. I am looking to buy used.

Was wondering which is the better performer? I know that the 52 is better then the 51. The 2300 has a phono preamp which I would not use. I currently have a BAT VK-P10SE that I will be using for the phono preamp. In the future for a power amp I was thinking along the lines of a McIntosh MC602.

Used 2300's go for around 4500 hundred. Used 51's go for around 3500 and more than likely have been used more. The 52 I do not see many of them for sale so I am not sure what they are going for.

The budget does matter but the thought process is that the 2300 is fairly new and may last me quite some time. The 51 is better on the budget but how long will it be before I am ready or need to move on due to its age. The 52 will be harder on the budget but like the 2300 will last me quite a while. If the thinking is that a 51 out performs a 2300 I may just go that route and in a few years see what happens then. Maybe upgrade to a 52 at that time.

Appreciate any responses.
warpig

Showing 1 response by beewax

I just purchased 2 new MC601 last week to compare with my MC275 mono block and C2300 of the last three years. The new MC601s and C2300 made all music sound amazing with no limitation, especially for rock, pop and classical. And made a huge different with Sonos, Mac mini and Vinyl.
BTW - if you're buying a used MC602. Chance are that you can sell them at the same price 10 year from now.