McIntosh 275 vs. Cary CAD 120S MKII

Has anyone done a side by side comparison of the McIntosh 275 and the Cary CAD 120S MKII?  If so, would appreciate any color you can offer.
mi4
I HAD BOTH AND KEPT THE CARY. THE MC RUNS A LOT COOLER BUT HAS MORE OF AN SS SOUND THAN TUBE. THE CARY CAD 120s RUNS WARMER BUT HAS MORE OF A TUBE LIKE SOUND. IF YOU USE A CARY SLP98 PRE YOU DON'T HAVE TO UPGRADE TO THE MARK II DUE TO HAVING PLENTY OF GAIN IN THE PRE. HOPE THIS HELPS.
We are a Cary dealer, the MK 2 120s sounded far better than the original it wasn't just a gain issue.

I would agree with Polk the Cary 120s MK II is a very nice amp.

Troy and Dave
Audio Doctor
877 428 2873
I had cardas caps and hi perf. hexfreds put in mine.
AudioTroy - Have you paired the Cary 120S MKII with the Paradigm Persona 9h speakers?  Enough power?
We have not, as my personal feeling is the 9H deserves a better amp, 

we do have a pair of CJ Art amplifiers which match the 9H perfectly 

The Art amplifiers were $39k originally and are very powerful 275 monos they are faster, cleaner, and more transparent then the Cary We have a pair for $13k. can't beat that deal

mi4,

The amp is important. No question. But the amp-speaker match is maybe more important. What speakers are you using?

As is personal preference. Some prefer warmer sound, some detailed, some other type. So read between the lines of the replies you get here.

I use MC275 and love it. Haven't heard the Cary.
If you are open to used, I think you could find the Cary for close to half the Mc.  Been awhile since I heard a 275, but have a 120s mkii.  Tend to agree with Polk, but I wouldn't describe the 275 as very SS (maybe solely in comparison with the Cary).  The 120s is a bit "tubey," but, to me, not particularly syrupy as some might describe some Cary products.  Have Jensen caps and Hexfreds, so that may color the description a tick. Takes well to different 6sn7s, although mine is very intolerant to any microphonics.

The Mc is prettier, imo.