Mcintosh 2105

Would mcintosh 2105 be a good choice for atmos or surround. Speakers are tekton moab atmos and svs ultra surrounds.

Ag insider logo xs@2xbernardwilliams

I'm biased because I use one, but if it's in good repair, it is a very good sounding amplifier.

I would add that it probably only makes sense if you already own one, because they are ridiculously expensive on the used market and you can get plenty of different amps for your purpose for less.

I do own one and I sent it to the factory in New York and do to covid they have had my 2105 for over a year. Mcintosh tells me they they might be able to get to it in about ten days  . So sad, but you cheer me up when you say it is a good amp.

I've put a good amount of money into mine because I really like it, and at its age, some things wear out.

@bernardwilliams I do own one and I sent it to the factory in New York and do to covid they have had my 2105 for over a year. Mcintosh tells me they they might be able to get to it in about ten days . So sad, but you cheer me up when you say it is a good amp.

Thanks for sharing this info and example. At one point I HAD thought about buying one to rotate in once in a while. In the back of my mind thinking I’d send it in at some point. Not now, there are other amps to consider instead in this case. Not sure I’d be willing to wait a 1yr+. Best of luck to you on your safe and sound amp return.  

Fifty year old SS amp. Buy a Topping PA5 ($349) instead! About the same power and superior sound.