McCormack Silver vs. Gold revision for DNA-125?

Has anyone heard the DNA-125 with the Silver revision as opposed to the Gold revision? If so, what is the improvement? How about the silver revision over the stock unit? My DNA-125 (stock) is quite nice, but a little grainy and grunty, not exactly liquid. I am considering the Silver revision (at a cost of $800), hoping that this will clean things up. How much of a difference will this make, and how much better is the Gold revision? It is 2x the price: is it 2x the sound?

Basically, if I get the silver revision, I will be into my DNA-125 for about $1550 (I purchased the stock one used).
dawgcatching

Showing 1 response by eagle

Dawg, My advice would be to get as much done as possible with one trip back to SMc Audio. The minimum upgrade I would consider is the Gold. If you get the Silver, you will always wonder....
"How much difference will it make?" and "is it worth it?" are two great questions, but your opinion is really the only one that matters.
It seems like a gamble to lay down your hard earned cash to get the answers, but in this case it isn't. If SMc offers an upgrade, it's worth it.