McCormack DNA225 upgrades

Hi, has anyone here did the upgrade or Mod on their own instead sending to SMCAudio.
hi5
come on guys...I'm on the other side of planet...I need help.

Close up pics would be good for me to know what are the parts
Why not phone Steve himself; always willing to talk & highly accomodating. If anyone can help you with this, he is the one. Sometimes he even appears on these forums personally. He has an Audiogon username; I don't know it, but a little research on forum archives should yield that info; or perhaps someone else will chime in? Good luck.
Hi Folks -

I take a very hands-on approach to the upgrades, and it is critically important to me to have complete control of the process - this is why I do not offer kits or plans. All of the SMc Audio upgrades are done at my shop in California. I realize that this represents higher shipping cost for my international customers, but it is the only way I can ensure the quality of the work.

For a DIY like Hi5, the traditional methods apply - take the amp apart, study the parts layout and values, decide what you want to change, order and install the parts. Have fun, and good luck.

Best regards,

Steve McCormack
SMc Audio
Hi5,

I have a DNA-125 with every mod Steve offers for the 125/225. My recommendation is to save your money until you have enough for the Platinum upgrade and then go for it. Adding ARC-1 and ARC-2 give you better bass control, and are definitely worthwhile, but the Platinum gets you to the edge of the point of diminishing returns.

Also, although you probably already saw this, Steve discusses in more detail why he doesn't offer DIY kits in the FAQs on his website.

Whatever you decide, good luck, and happy listening!