Mccormack DNA125 or Belles 150A Hot Rod

I'm in the market for a new amp and trying to decide which one would give me the best sound and value. I'm unable to audition either. My pre is a VTL 2.5 and speakers are Infinity Kappa 8.1 (89db).
Thanks for any input.
mfb33

Showing 2 responses by hoopster

I have stock DNA-125 which I enjoy very much. I really appreciate Zaikesman's assessment which I too feel is right on. For those of us who don't need excessive power and don't have a mega ton audio budget (and we are legion) but do want an amp that can deliver punch, dynamics and music; I think the 125 is a fine amp. There may be a few sins of ommission but few of commission. I feel no need to rush out and buy anything different. Like much in audio it takes a lot of bucks to get another 2 to 3% of the music. I can live happily with where I am (at least until I save up enough for Steve's upgrades, LOL).
Audphile 1

I would love to hear the 125 Silver. However, I am confused. Reading about the revisions on Steve's website indicates you don't get the Piltron transformers until you step up to the Platinum upgrade. If someone in the Deep South/ Mid South or Ohio Valley has one I am open to an audition even if I had to drive some miles. As I bought my 125 used the sliver upgrade would essentially double what I have in my amp. Would it make it twice as good? Audiophile math, ouch Zaikesman!