McCormack dna1 to Sony 1040

How do I hook dna1 amp to Sony 1040 reciever
edsnipered
   Not unless you have the jacks on the Sony that say 'pre out' .  That would let you use the Sony as a pre amp.  That signal could then be used in the conventional way with your power amp.  I don't know the Sony STR-DN1040 so I can't be sure.

@edsnipered - you have not confirmed the exact model of the receiver you are using.  If you are using the Sony STR-DN1040, then there is only one way to connect it to the McCormack amp.  You have to use the Zone 2 outputs on the back of the receiver.  Use a standard RCA cable to connect the Zone 2 output to the McCormack inputs.  You then have to use Zone 2 controls on the remote to select the input source (cd / dvd / etc).  This will work for stereo signals.  However, you will have a problem if you try to use this with the main center/surround speaker outputs on home theater programs because I suspect the entire audio may be mixed down to 2-channel audio on the Zone 2 outputs.

Read pages 88-89 of the Sony manual.

If you could find a nice dedicated pre amp to go along with that McCormack it will sound leaps and bounds better than using a Sony receiver in any capacity. The Sony shouldnt be in the same room with that McCormack.

Matt M
@OP  It may not be what you want to hear but Matt is absolutely right.  Consider looking here and at other sites that carry pre-owned gear and try to find a simple tube amp ala  cj or the like.

Without an exact model number of the Sony, all answers are just speculation. Assuming it is the STR-DN1040, then your options are practically non-existent. Sorry auxinput, I must disagree with your solution to use Zone 2. If you look closely at the manual, it states, "Adjust to a suitable volume using the receiver in zone 2." Since it says to use the component in Zone 2 for volume, obviously the Zone 2 is a fixed output. Doing this with the DNA1 is not advised and will likely cause damage. I agree with Matt to find a suitable preamp. There is a way to connect, however this will not do justice to the abilities of the DNA1 and should only be a temporary solution. You will need to use one of these adapters,

http://electronics.mcmelectronics.com/electronics/Speaker-To-Line-Level-Converter