McCormack DNA 500 vs DNA 225 upgraded

I am looking for some feedback on comparing the stock DNA500 to a DNA225 upgraded by Steve McCormack. There were a few posts that only touched that subject. I am thinking about adding one of those amps to my system and relegating the HT5 to the surrrounds and center.

The DNA500 has amazing reviews, as the DNA225 upgraded also does. Is there a benefit to either one? I notice at this point there are no upgrades available on the SMC site for the 500. I imagine the cost for either is similar.

Thanks again for any help. This forum has been outstanding for me to learn from.
still_learning

Showing 1 response by still_learning

Thanks for the input.

Heat could be an issue as the equipment is in a cabinet. I could add in a fan if I had to.

My current preamp is actually a digital processor, an Anthem D2 with Arc room correction. I am not sure how this would match impedance wise, (I am a complete novice at this area). Steve McCormack suggested that I also add in a preamp though.

As to matching either amp for sound quality the equipment I currently have is more digital at this point
McCormack HT5 amp (5 channel)
McCormack UDP1 universal disk (Deluxe)
Anthem D2 processor with Arc
Dennon DVD 3800 Bluray
B&W Nautilus N804 fronts, HT2 ctr, SCM surrounds
HD DTV receiver
Audioquest cabeling.
etc.

Thanks for any suggestions