Mccormack DNA-225 platinum

Over the weekend I purchased a Mccormack DNA 225 platinum for $400 at an estate sale along with a set of Vandersteen 5 speakers. I knew that Mccormack amps had a good reputation and only realized that it was a platinum when later when I set it up. I can't find much info on the platinum upgrades. Does anyone here know what was upgraded and what it means? Also what would a 225 with the platinum upgrade sell for? sorry for my basic questions. 
128x128mzwerner

Showing 5 responses by gdnrbob

SMcAudio
https://smcaudio.com/
Pat usually answers the phone and can give you all the info you need.
And, good call on the Vandies...
Bob
Did you ask about the impedance output?
You need that to set the M5-HP's,
And, I think you got a great deal. As far as the actual worth, that is another matter. Usually, even though it may have cost the original owner $3K+ to upgrade, the actual resale would be much less (as you have discovered). So, by buying 2nd hand, you have saved a considerable amount and gotten a super system.
Bob
As far as cabling goes, I would recommend Audioquest.
AQ and Vandy just seem to work hand in hand. In fact Mr. V. uses AQ for internal wiring of his speakers, as well as the pigtails on the crossovers.
Bob
@mz, 
Well, anything that mitigates vibration and other outside influences will certainly help with making more coherent sound reproduction.
Stillpoints, solid maple shelving, or Ayre blocks are known to help with this.
An inexpensive place to try some of this is Herbie's Audio Lab.  
Bob