McCormack DNA-125/225 Upgrades

There has been much written here regarding the fabulous results of Steve McCormack's personal mods to the older DNA amplifier series (0.5, 1, and 2). Many of you know that I have been waiting for mods to become available to the newer DNA series (125/225). They are now available and I have mine scheduled to go in January (yes, there is a relatively significant backlog at this time). Steve is planning Gold and Platinum level upgrades, as opposed the the B, A, and A-gold, as in the past. These sound like very exciting mods and, if you are interested, call Steve for details.

Just a heads up to those who had wondered when these mods would be offered. By all accounts these mods are outstanding and will bring the 125 or 225 to the level of THE finest amps available.

I have nothing to do with SMCAudio, just a happy user of McCormack.

http://smcaudio.com/

David
4yanx

Showing 1 response by tombowlus

Correct me if I am wrong, Steve, but the reference above that the DNA-125, DNA-225, and DNA-500 "differ only in power output rating" is incorrect, is it not? I was under the impression that only the DNA-500 was the full balanced, push/pull differential drive design. Am I right? If so, this would yield sonic differences above and beyond mere power output differneces, I would tend to think.

Tom.