McCormack DNA-1 vs Odyssey Stratus vs Marsh 400

I am thinking about trying to upgrade my front end amp. I am running 2 of 5 channel from my Rotel 1095 (200WPC) to my Proac Studio 200.

My budget. I am trying to stay below $1K for the amp any a mid-level aftermarket power cord (Am using VH Flavor 4). That said my budget is around $750 -$850.

After reading thru several forums McCormack DNA-1 or DNA-1 deluxe, the Odyssey Stratus Plus or Extreme and the Marsh A400s all appear to be viable options. I need your help. Which of these would you recommend and why? Any other suggestions?
sempaul

Showing 1 response by phd

The McCormack amps produce a wider soundstage then Odyssey amps and have more headroom for driving difficult loads. I wouldn't leave out the Aragon 4004 MKII either, a very good sounding amp (dual mono) that has power and soundstaging capabilities that are difficult to find in an amp in this price range. I've owned the Marsh and thought it was a little bright sounding on my speakers and was not in my system very long. I slightly prefer the Aragon 4004 MKII over the McCormack DNA-1 Deluxe but that would change if compared to a DNA-1 with revision B. The Odyssey amps represent a very good bargain at their price point but again it can't compete with McCormack or Aragon for width of soundstage and neither the McCormack or Odyssey can compete with the soundstage depth offered by the Aragon.