Mccormack DNA-1 deluxe vs PASS X150.5 amps??

Though, this question maybe a "no brainer" I would like some input from members who have owned a McCormack DNA-1 Deluxe and/or a PASS 150.5 amp. There is about a $1500 difference in the selling price between these "used" units. The McCormack DNA-1 Deluxe was the "upgraded" model issued in 1998 (and followed by several numbered amps after) that so the design is old and the "particular unit" on sale could maybe at least 10 years old. THe PASS is current and look almost mint.

I have read some excellent reviews about this model McCormack....but also about the PASS X-150.5. As always it is a question of money vs performance. I have a pair of Acoustic Zen Adagios and a Bel Canto Pre-3 pre-amp and a pair of Red Dragon M-250 digital monoblocks. Sounds nice, but also not consistently coherent or qualitatively the SAME at each listening session.(BTW, I have done as much as possible to correct some of the acoustic aberrations in my room)

Overall, the sound lacks musicality and can lean to the bright side I realize musicality can't be quantified nor is there any tweeks to magically produce it, and so it is one of those allusive qualities we seemed to all chase from time to time.....I am not going to start unraveling what I put together recently to get it. If the amp does not solve the problem, then I am going to just quit audio and sell the entire rig.

Is there is a amplifier of 100-150RMS that would possibly be an excellent alternative between the McCormack and the PASS??? I prefer not to attempt tubes because I have a FM transmission tower nearby. Thanks again, Jim
sunnyjim

Showing 1 response by digepix

Jim..I think your biggest concern should be getting doused with EMF from the transmission tower. If tubes can receive the signal so can your body, just a thought.