MC5200 or a MC275 with preamp

So I finally get to upgrade my amp situation. I am ready to pull the trigger on a MC275, and then find a preamp. However, I have read great things about the 5200. I have also heard the 5200 in person and that system sounds great. Also, the 5200 would save me a substantial amount of cheese. But the 275 is tube. So my question is: is THIS tube amp really significantly better than this solid state amp? I only listen to vinyl (mostly jazz and blues, with some classic rock). Thank you in advance for your insight.
elegal
I owned an MC275 paired with an Aesthetics Calypso preamp and it was one of the best amp/pre combo's I've owned. I have no experience with Mac's SS integrateds, but can say with confidence that the MC275 will not disappoint. I'm also very pro tube amp.
I just got a Mc275 VI and it sounds amazing. Playing it with an MC2300. The thing you will notice up front is a much warmer less digital sound. Good luck with your decision.
If the MC275 is within your budget and provides the necessary power to properly drive your speakers I would recommend that you go for it!
Like Pdreher, I also own (2) MC 275 running mono for my Infinity RS 1-B's on the mids and top end. I also have the Calypso pre and Rhea phono...magic!!!!

RWD (Rick)