MC 601 from music culture

Hi all

Anyone heard the mc601 per from music culture (new company from former MBL designer)?
Thinking of using it with Pass amps.

Thanks to all repliers.
icorem

Showing 7 responses by icorem

Hi all

My original post was from Jan-12 and since then I bought the
MC-601. To my ears this is one of the best values in hiend - a 1st class preamp that based on the same technology as the top of the line preamps from MBL. I consider now also the mc-811 monoblocks. Ibelieve - can you elaborate a little bit on your path towards the mc-811 and especially which Pass labs did you compare it with (I own now xa60.5). I will probably decide between mc-811 and Audionet Max if I decide to let the Pass labs go.
Thanks
I'm sure gonna try it soon.
Iblieve - what types of cables do you use with the MC stack (power, IC,SC)?
Wow
Cabling cost more than the electronics but this is probably just since MC present heck of a VFM. Sounds like a great setup - enjoy.

MC dealer will do a in house demo for me either today or next week. I'll post my thoughts.
Actually I had my inhouse demo yesterday. The MC monoblocks topped the Pass xa60.5 in every parameter but mostly in depth and in revealing any note in the spectrum without causing any listening fatigue. This one goes to my top of the list. I wish I could audition the Audionet Max but local dealer doesn't stock it. I wonder,Iblieve, if you auditioned other amps beside the MC ?
You got to be 6'1" to put a record in my VPI..
Prices here are usually the price in the product's manufacturer country + local VAT (here 18%). I didn't start my negotiation yet so i'm not familiar with the list price in Germany (Is it 16,000 Euro or so ?).
Iblieve,
Thanks for the clarification.
Better for me to hear unbiased info. The MC811 are now at the top of my list anyway...