MBL 321 Mini Monitor help

Looking for a good mini monitor. I am in really cramped quarters 6X8, and I am looking to put a new system together...the smaller the better. A local dealer has MBL. Any suggestions. When I had more space, I used to own Proac 2.5s, Pass amp aleph 3 and other decent items. I am definitely going to miss the bottom end with mini monitors, but those are the trade offs for living in the city.

To give you an idea of what I like, I remember liking Sonus Faber hooked up to a CJ tube amps...and wasn't too impressed with B&W hooked up with Krell.

I invite suggestions of alternate speakers and rigs, but I really want advice on the MBL experience. I have heard them once already with a MBL front end, but I found it a little lacking with involvement although the clarity, detail, and smoothness were present. I am a little amazed at how poorly some retailers prepare for a pre-arranged auditioning session
Looking for a good mini monitor. I am in really cramped quarters 6X8, and I am looking to put a new system together...the smaller the better. A local dealer has MBL. Any suggestions. When I had more space, I used to own Proac 2.5s, Pass amp aleph 3 and other decent items. I am definitely going to miss the bottom end with mini monitors, but those are the trade offs for living in the city.

To give you an idea of what I like, I remember liking Sonus Faber hooked up to a CJ tube amps...and wasn't too impressed with B&W hooked up with Krell.

I invite suggestions of alternate speakers and rigs, but I really want advice on the MBL experience. I have heard them once already with a MBL front end, but I found it a little lacking with involvement although the clarity, detail, and smoothness were present. I am a little amazed at how poorly some retailers prepare for a pre-arranged auditioning session. So, I am not certain what I was hearing, or rather not hearing.

Perhaps I am just missing the bass presents. I had a chance to listen to a pair of Alon Exoticas. Freaking amazing but probably not going to work well in my space constraints.

Thanks in advance for any input.

SOH
souporhero

Showing 2 responses by souporhero

6X9' would be an improvement. Thanks for the suggestions. Any one think that I should should give MBL another try?
I think I am going to look into getting some Etymotic ER4P from headroom. Kind of a mid-fi compromise until the time I can find more space. Doug and sluggo, you point well taken!