Mating Krell KSA 200-S w/ Krell KRC -3 preamp

Am contemplating purchase for used Krell KSA 200-S and mating w/Krell KRC -3 preamp...anyone with advice or experience, on sound, sonic signature, satisfaction / dissatisfaction with this combination?? driving speakers, etc?? thanks
dustbowl
The krc 3 And the 200s are great pieces . I feel the 3 Is dead quiet and a nice sounding preamp. You should try and get a late run krc3 If possible. They all are great the newer one Is just a bit better. The fpb style. Also what kind of speakers are you using?
would be looking to mate this combo with a used pair of mani-2s thought theya re too damn expensive for my budget, so more than likely will try to go withe these electronics and model 1 totems...I am just not a floorstander guy, my older brother has too much money and gets Lamm, Kharma, whatever he wants, and then gets something else, I hate him! he has owned some nice stuff, Kharma, Theil, they always sound like , well...floorstanders, to me, they never dissappear the way minimoniotrs do, unless you turn the light down or off, totems disappear beautifully. I have heard complaints that they are tipped up in the treble and bass, and this, to be fair, is probably true, I would say. I have noticed this at their room in the Hilton shows in NYC but still, they are very impressive for the price, I seem to like the Krell/Totem combination, I had the little Krell 50-S w/ KRC 3 preamp and model 1's and it sounded more than good enough (for me), so I am going to try to get a 200-s this time, same KRC 3 preamp and mate them with the Mani-2 I think i will be happy, personally I think any decent cd player will foot the bill, I frankly don't hear that much difference in source cd players... as much as speakers, and then electronics; but that is just my opinion. I just have to go used this time around and hope for the best. There is no way I can get back into this and do retail, not even close, so I will buy all used and hope for the best.