Match of Hybrid Rogue Pharaoh and B&W 803D2 speaker

At end of 2017 I contracted the tube virus. Seeking a cure I explored many medicines and advice from many sources audiogon and otherwise. Many wonderful experts in the field of tubelitis provided their expert conclusions suggesting treatment. Like any other disease treatment costs ranged from lower thousands to astronomical. Having terminal SS disease already for the past 40 years I decided to find treatment in the new hybrid integrated form of treatment against the advice of the experts. One form of my affliction is that I am addicted to concert sound and volume at times. Also I'm a Rockaholic with no regrets but enjoy all forms of musical artestry from A to Z , with the only known exeption of that stuff they call Rap, which I do not place in the catagory of musical artestry. 
None of the tubelitis doctors could give me a definitive answer of how a hybrid pill would do with my existing other cure, B&W 803D2, I took a chance on a Rogue Pharaoh Hybrid Intergated. For those reading this, hybrid is a tube preamp married to a SS amplifier stage. In my case and concern was I needed a lot of power to drive the speakers to the levels I require. The Rogue amp is rated at 175W and the B&W are rated at 90db sensitivity at 8ohm. 
Well here goes my experience since I married the two for my cure. I'm not a professional reviewer and there is no intent to plug any product. I do have a lot of time on my hands, retired, and listen critically for many hours each and every day in a dedicated and treated listening environment. 
Attempted cure: Rogue Pharaoh Integrated
Supporting cast: B&W 803D2, Musical Fidelity A3cd,  Sony PS4300 TT, Oppo BDP 103D
Medication(CD, LP, Streaming) AC/DC, Dire Straits, J. Mellencamp,  JJ Cale, Little Feat, Wings, E.L. O, INXS, Alan Parsons, Pink Floyd, Supertramp, E. Clapton, Led Zeppelin  Cream, Aerosmith, Eagles, Foghat, Good Charlotte,  Genesis..........to name a few, lighter dosages of Smetana,  Strauss,  Mozart,  Ravel, Bach.......
Findings: wow, just wow, the Rogue is everything I hoped for and more. It easily drives the speakers at any level up to 95db as measured on Radio Shack dB meter at listening position. At higher level some clarity is lost and it starts to sound a bit harsh therefor straining. No worries though for me as at 95db this place is rocking and rolling and it' rarely at this level. Most listening occurs between 60 and 80db and the Rogue takes it with ease and superb reproduction of the source. I'm truly impressed. It' a keeper for sure. Some of the most noticeable improvements over the SS equipment were: increased soundstage, depth, clarity, wide and airy, warmth. Also the absolute silence (black) is astonishing. Artists voices and inflections are totally reproduced and audible, reduced sibilance at the higher frequencies. Musical passages are just beautifully rendered in all their glory. Brushed cymbals are noticeable in its correct space. Highs are gorgeous and deep lows are fast and punchy.
Conclusion : the match between the Rogue and B&W is the best I've heard to date. I worried for no reason. Hybrid designs incorporate the best of 2 world' if done right. Tube anything is everything tube enthusiasts say it is and I regret not going there earlier in life. Shame on me for not getting the tubelitis disease earlier I have found my cure in the Rogue and B&W combination. In one months time it has become my go to system handily. 
I have found the feature of preamp bypass really revealing as it allowed me to do a side by side comparison between the Lexicon SS preamp (MC12B) and the Rogue tube pre with a push of a button, and yes the difference is obvious. Also the Phono stage is incredible and I removed my seperates Phono stage (Rotel) from the system. I'm happy with the features and see no point in trying to improve,  well maybe roll some tubes, but that's another subject.

So finally here is my final take on this. There is a way for tubies and SSties to get the best of both. Tubes do provide a nicer flavor of fidelity, at least in my opinion and everything in this thread is my take and opinion. I'm going to keep it to enjoy.
Contributing test equipment: Lexicon MC12B processor,  Krell KAV 250 amp, Musical Fidelity A3cd,  Sony PS4300 TT, Oppo BDP -103, B&W 803D2.
Final note: All SS equipment has been relegated to strict HT duty, no more double duty. Tube front end has sole duty of 2 channel reproduction.

I hope this helps someone who may be interested in getting tubelitis disease. 
I do not know if a lesser powered tube amp would satisfy large B&W or any make speaker.
Hope you enjoyed the read.
128x128gillatgh
The NYAL Moscodes 75, 150 and 300 are hard to beat! Tube input/driver stage and MOSFET output stage. Designed by George Kaye. Sound quality is the best of both worlds - SS and tube!
I had a much different experience with the Pharaoh. Sure it had power, but completely cut off the lowest octaves of the music. It wasn’t apparent until I compared it with my old class AB amp.

Once I got into full tube amps I realized these Rogue hybrids have little if any tube magic. I found the CMII has a much wider and more 3-dimensional sound stage. Clarity and resolution also bested the Pharaoh. I’m telling you this because in my experience, the CMII was a much better value and unless you’re stuck with the Pharaoh, I think you should consider the CM. I really can’t understand how Rogue markets the Pharaoh as its flagship integrated when the CMII is far better. I can only guess it’s because it can pair with a greater variety of lifestyles and speakers. 

I apologize for raining on your parade, but that was my my honest experience and I thought it worth sharing in case others are weighing these two options. 
No raining here, just stating my experience. I'm sure that there is much better out there. Really do not have anything to compare it to other than SS and it does beat it hands down. I wanted to see if it could handle the big floor sanders and it can. I never thought about low end as it supports a sub. It did not seem to me that the lows were questionable in the least. But then...?...... I do have a sub hooked up I had forgotten to mention. I'll turn that off and see what happens.

Rogue Pharoah is a great match for the B&Ws and their similar ilk.

If its tube magic one seeks, best to go simply go all tube.

If you want the best of both worlds, low distortion and and the ability to drive most any speaker well, a tube pre-amp and suitably matched Class D power amp (input impedance 40KOhm minimum or higher) is the way to go. That’s what Pharoah provides quite well! I’ve heard it and could live with it easily perhaps some day.
Agreed mapman, I'm enjoying the experience. Too old to start going into the tube rabbit hole but wished I'd tried tube everything in my younger years. My immediate concern was that a tube amp would not be powerful enough for my style of listening hence the hybrid. Tube amps with enough umph to go where I go were cost prohibited for me. I'm satisfied with my purchase.

It was at moderate volumes where I noticed these Rogue hybrids were rolling off the bass. At higher volumes it seemed to level out. Anyway, it’s a good amp overall. One could do a lot worse. You definitely don’t have to worry about clipping with any real-world speaker.

I can relate with the OP, about the experience. I have a pair of B&W 804`s, and that treble was fatiguing to listen to. I swapped in a hybrid tube amp, and that sure made a difference in how the music sounded. I, also, did not have to spend a lot, to make the upgrade.The Jolida 1501P is under appreciated.

Helomech many Class D amps soft clip like a tube amp which woukd account for bass leveling off at some point.   The Rogue puts out a  lot of power and decent current for an integrated amp.    I use 500w/ch class d amps with my current hungry OHM speakers and would hate to give up any of it especially when I crank things still on occasion. 
@mapman 

I was referring to low octave bass at low volumes, like 70db. I often listen around an average SPL of 70db and at those volumes, the Pharoah seemed to cut all the bass below about 50Hz. When I swapped it out for my old Yamaha amp, those low octaves returned. Just for reference, that was with Monitor Audio Silver 8s and Epos Epic 2s.
I did remove the sub from the system and did some experimentation regarding low octave reproduction ranging from 65db levels to 90db. The most obvious noticeable change was the loss of very and I mean very low bass reproduction however the system is still very much enjoyable. I did not notice any drop out of low frequencies at any dB level but then my ears are not what they used to be. The lack of a sub did not in any way make the listening experience any less enjoyeable.
FWIW.
helomech,

Could be. Some gear makers opt to do things like that for good reasons usually to enable better sound overall for more with less effort. Low bass is a bear to get right in most rooms. My Audio Research tube pre-amp does not dig as deep as my prior "midfi" Carver pre-amp. Things go louder and clearer than ever but not as much rafter ratttling. A sound meter would tell for sure. There are various apps one can run on a smartphone that would tell.  Also of course adding a sub that provides more flexibility in setting bass levels is a very common practice these days.
I also think it's possible that the listening environment has some effect. In my case I did substantial room treatment years ago trying to improve the sound of my SS system. I was fortunate to accomplish that. Had professional come to set up my room and after all was set and done with his measurements and computer generated graphs and 4 hours of him setting up microphones and all he determined that only the front speakers needed toe in about .5 of an inch. What a waste of $250.00 that was, but I had to know. Even he said that the room was as close to perfect as he's seen. Maybe that's why I can't hear a real discernable difference between sub on and off. I think the B&Ws are limited to around 40hz and that's where the sub comes into play. In any case I like what I'm hearing.
Thanks for all your comments, there is always something new to learn. I hate to say this but I already wonder what it would sound like with all tube only gear. Lord help me!

I’d want a very beefy tube amp for B&Ws which is not likely to come cheap. B&W are generally NOT inherently tube amp friendly speakers. Check out any impedance curve measurements available for your model before taking that dive. Low impedance and high phase angles at various frequencies will bring the majority of tube amps to their knees very quickly ie make them distort and that’s not how they perform best. Nominal impedance specs alone will likely not tell the whole story. That’s why tube amp makers like Rogue build hybrids, so they can sell gear to the many owners out there of not tube amp friendly speakers  (the vast majority of the market these days) without doing those customers a disservice.
I personally think many underestimate what 100 watts or even 40 watts of tube power can achieve, even with low efficiency speakers. It largely depends on the quality of the transformers and tube type. KT120s have a ton of grunt. I have no doubt a CMII could easily drive your speakers within sane volumes.
The SPL might work fine with not too many watts, but in general, high output impedance tube amps will distort to a greater degree into a lower impedance load as is typical of many modern speakers (like most B&W) that are designed to sound best with low output impedance, high current SS (or Class D) amps.

So on paper at least, its typically not inherently a match made in heaven.
Short update on the Rogue Pharaoh,  after 2 short months of daily use it has gone south for the winter. Currently back at the birthplace for warranty repair. Although I really like the performance of the Pharaoh, when working properly,  I now question it's reliability. It may of course have been a fluke. We will see when I hear something back from Rogue Audio. Rogue Audio representative was very helpful and professional and gave all information needed to return the unit. Note: shipping charges are not covered by warranty, return shipping is by digression of the manufacturer who decides whether or not they will pay for return shipping. I'll deal with that when it happens. Here is what went wrong with the Pharaoh,  during use, phono, a pop was heard and the right channel went silent. I followed the instructions in the manual, checked all connections and reset unit. After first reset, again no right channel, after 2nd reset both channels producing sound but without any soundstage or depth. Mono? Turning balance knob either right or left changed nothing, both speakers continued to play. Same happened with all sources, not just phono. Well its back at the factory for diagnostics and repair, turn around time I am told is 4 to 5 days.