Mastersound 300B and bass

I've been planning on getting a Mastersound amp for some time as I've heard the Due Venti integrated a while ago and liked it a lot. Went through as many reviews of all their amps and the 300B seems to be the one that everybody liked a lot.

The one downside it may have of what I gather is that the bass is lacking a little, which the rest of what it does may well make up for.

Still would like to find out what owners of 300B amps have to say about this and if you'd suggest some other amp that may be similar.

The Due Venti with the EL34's did go pretty low and I'm wondering if the 300B may be similar to that. I don't expect lots of punch but a good bass I like.

The amp will drive a pair of Living Voice Avatars in a not overly big room.

Would appreciate any input on this. Of course it doesn't have to be a Mastersound, just liked the one I've heard and was surprised how sweet it was.

Thanks
krauti

Showing 2 responses by krauti

Thanks for all the great input. With what all of you have said I'm set on getting a Mastersound 300B. Guess I could of course try to find a different 300B amp but as all the reviews of the Mastersound amps I've read are pretty good I don't see a reason to change my mind.

Thanks again
Haha, the cage. As we don't have kids I'll be able to leave off the cage and enjoy the wonderful view of the glowy things that make it sound so great.

Now I have to start a different thread on how to convince my girlfriend to let me set it up in between the speakers where I can see it glow :) Maybe I need to remind her that she used to trap fireflies in a glass as a kid. And the 300B ones she doesn't need to feel bad about being trapped.