Masseto break-in time

I just installed the Masseto today and have thus far been playing FM and vinyl, because the Wadia is back in Saline ror its second repair in ten months. Can any experienced users advise me how long it will take for the Masseto to open up ?
dr_john

Showing 3 responses by 4musica44107

I really noticed a huge improvement in mine at around 150 hours. Incredible preamp!
If it is compatible with your tonearm and you do not mind having to use a SUT, I have found the EMT JSD5 to be terrific with the Masseto. The turntable is the Ayre-DPS with Mr. Bauer's excellent new tonearm.
Dr John - I am embarrassed to admit I don't know the name of Mr. Bauer's tonearm. He designed it specifically for the Ayre-DPS, but I assume it can be used with other tables. Any Ayre dealer should be able to tell you more. My dealer is Don Better of Don Better Audio - a heck of a nice guy and extremely knowledgeable about all things audio, especially vinyl.

BTW - I agree with other posters about the superb sonic quality of the Masseto right out of the box. I heard that too, same as with my Aurieges. But my Masseto really seemed to start strutting its "best" stuff after about 150 hours of use. Since that time, nothing but sonic bliss!