Marvin Gaye "What's Goin' On" MFSL UDOS 45rpm

Well I did it, I pre-ordered this title. I hated in one sense to legitimize the high cost of these releases but this title intrigued me. On top of that, this is the first to incorporate their newest vinyl formulation which seems to me to be close to the original JVC vinyl. According to Music Direct, the cost of the vinyl is 30% higher.? Anyway, it seems to be a classic title and this new formulation along with the fairly new process, it seemed to be THE choice for me to try it out.
128x128slaw
@bdp24 ,

Your 2nd characteristic , was left out...

Eric... (my friend), you may have a future in politics?

Ha! Actually Steve, I intended my comments about the production and engineering to address that issue. But now that you mention it, Tom Dowd’s engineering (including his work with The Stones and others) is good in terms of the field he worked in---mass consumer entertainment. It’s not at the level of audiophile engineers, but then most audiophile recordings are of mediocre music. Seems like you almost never get it all!

An album Jerry Wexler and Tom Dowd did together (in Muscle Shoals) that DOES have much better than average sound quality is Lou Ann Barton’s Old Enough. Great songs, and the fantastic singing of Lou Ann, who now often tours with Jimmie Vaughan. She came out of the Austin scene, and was in early versions of both The Fabulous Thunderbirds and Double Trouble, i.e. early Stevie Ray Vaughan. Glenn Frey executive produced the album, one of all-time favorites.

I have a number of the MOFI Ultradisc One Step Pressings by MFSL, none of them are one sided. I do have Something Else-Canonnball Adderly and a John Coltrane album that are 45 rpm and one one sided but the one step pressings are not one sided. I preordered the Marvin Gaye and the Stevie Ray Vaughn albums. I’m not expecting those to be one sided either. Both albums I already own but I won’t pass the new versions up. 
@djf1 ,

It is my understanding that their first Donald Fagan and their second Simon & Garfunkel, are 4/one sided lps.

To my knowledge, there are only two titles out right now.
@slaw I have both of those one step pressings and neither one is one sided. Also The Bill Evans album, Sunday at the The Village Vanguard. Also not singled sided. I don’t have Santana’s  Abraxas. They sell out very quickly. But none that I’m aware of are single sided. I know the ones I have are not.