Marten Coltrane Alto speakers

Has anyone had an opportunity to ever hear these speakers? I love their look and 6Moons had a wonderful review of them with the exception that it was mentioned that it takes up to a year to break them in.
bostonbean

Showing 3 responses by fplanner2000

Samuel33- So here you are on yet another thread spouting more negative gibberish about things you obviously can't clearly communicate nor clearly understand. Instead of whining and complaining to anyone who actually tries to respond to you, it would be a really good thing if you just stopped. I totally agree with Teddy_bear's comments above. We are all here for pleasure and to learn and share.

You might also keep in mind that sometimes it is wiser to be quiet and be thought a fool, than to speak up and remove all doubt(happens a lot to people that think they know everything). Just a thought......
My speakers have about 700 hours on them and they definitely have sounded better as the crossovers, wiring, drivers, driver surrounds, etc. have gotten more hours on them. Its also not "my ears" as others have noticed the same thing listening to my system. The speakers sound considerably better now than when they were new, as I hoped they would.
Keithr

No - unlike you, I don't need a frequency response graph to tell me what I am hearing. I also have no interest in "proving" any points to you or anyone else - its a waste of time and this is not a contest. Very few real audiophiles bother with such things (Atkinson excepted because that's his job and even he sometimes has a tough time describing why a component sounds one way but specs out another) They use their ears. Its about the enjoyment, the palpability, the "you-are-there" feeling that is immeasurable - it doesn't equate out to a frequency response graph. You probably don't believe that bumblebees fly either, because the data says they shouldn't be able to. Life is full of paradoxes, in audio as in most everything else. When you try to over-analyze things, it can easily ruin the moment.

I know there are others out there like you, hung up on empirical findings. Fortunately for audio, I think there are a lot more people like me, who use their ears to guide them, not a graph. The fact that we can coexist peacefully and share ideas is a testament to the diversity and flexibility of this hobby. Please note that I mean no disrespect by any of the above comments.