marsh a200s

any opinions on this amp after being out long enough to have been around.i am thinking about mating with tube pre,ae-3 in-particular.also considering c-j sonographe.any tech. issues mating either with aes pre? the marsh stuff seems to have faded from grace,so well regarded once.any input from direct,or past,user's of any of these three.thanks in advance.
machine

Showing 3 responses by warnerwh

I'd avoid Marsh. They're excellent amps but something is going on with the company and getting info isn't easy. That's my opinion. I like to have gear that a company is readily available if I want them. I may sell my Innersound amp as they are also a problem not answering emails. I had the A400s and it's an excellent amp if a little on the clinical side if anything.

The AES three will put out dc which bothers me. It's also very syrupy sounding. Consider a used PV 10 or an older Audio Research tube pre.
Rick, thank you. I knew my Innersound amp was made by Coda and Innersound I guess is heading in a new direction. At least that is what someone said when I asked what was going on at Innersound. They said they'd wait for Innersound to make the announcement and would say nothing more. Thanks for the heads up that Coda will answer my questions.
Great read. That's so sad. I'm glad my amp is really a Coda or I'd sell it for sure. This kind of business is very annoying to hear about. I'd bet Leeds must be having trouble and it sounds as though he deserves it. I don't like to judge but the way that post has been written I'd be surprised if it were lies as Sanders could get sued. Something he wouldn't want being low in money. Wonder what Sanders is doing these days?