Mark Levinson No.512 CD Player---Opinions

Wow!! I just listened to the new Mark Levinson 512 CD player against the usual known suspects of Eoteric, EMM, dCS, and alike and I am convinced that Mark Levinson is back. I was able to spend ample time with the local dealer in Southern California in comparing the unit and we both agreed it was sensational. FYI, it is $15k but it is well worth it. Complete tonal balance and dynamic as anything I have heard for the price. I would be eager to hear others' opinion about this player.
pkancel

Showing 5 responses by utlover

Hi Pkancel, what does it look like (the 512)? I have seen some pictures of demo's without a top, and the styling appeared to be not so elegant as in 'the old days' (390s, 380s). I have not seen pictures of the production unit yet, not even on the levinson website.
Furthermore, what were the other components auditioned by you?
Tecnically, I think it's very strong with the Teac transport - but I wonder which DAC concept is used.
Bar81, what material (CD / SACD)? If you don't like the 390s I think it's obvious you won't like the 512.
@Pkancel - I heard some rumours regarding the retail price, it it $22,000 or $15,000 or?