Mark Levinson No. 334 vs 23.5

I am looking for a good amplifier, I have the 23.5 in my possession and unfortunately have to return it due to shipping damages. I am wondering if anyone had both amplifiers and did a side by side comparison, I would like to know what to expect if I find a 334. To be honest I am afraid I might not like any other amplifier after hearing the 23.5
128x128trance

Showing 2 responses by trance

Just purchased a MINT 23.5 from David at WEINHART DESIGN on Audiogon. Now I have a 27.5 and 23.5 all I can say is that I am no longer tempted to listen to a 334 or 335 anymore. They both sound that good and the 23.5 does not heat up, both sides are mildly warm unlike the one I returned that had a left channel that would burn your hand. Anyway if anyone knows a good ML repair man in New York just in case down the road I need service would be nice. Thanks all.
Well it's been a little over 3 months and I purchased the 27.5 that was just listed. I was unable to find another 23.5. The wait time was worth it. The 27.5 never gets hot, unlike the 23.5 which ran hot all the time. The 27.5 sounds excellent. Maybe I'll get lucky again and find a 23.5 in my neighborhood. I wish Madrigal was still around they were the best. The 27.5 was hand delivered and it is MINT, I see why some say this is the best 2 channel amp Mark Levinson ever designed.