Mark Levinson No: 333 vs. MCintosh MC 352?

I'm narrowing down to two amps between the ML NO: 333 and MC 352 to drive my B&W N. 802 speaker. Has anyone A/b between the two amps. I'd like to hear your opinion. Thanks
tomj39

Showing 1 response by brianmgrarcom

Some of these responses are a joke, and I probably don't have near the expeience that some of you do.

We all have our biased opinions as to the sound we like, talk to a Linnie, I've known some and just came from a Linn shop this afternoon, they are the least desireable salespeople to deal with!

I have owned the 383 and I miss it! I also have heard the MC352 and it is on the tops of my list if I can afford one.

I am sure my opening line ruffles feathers, but just because a certain brand is not, or is, your cup of tea doesn't mean the other is terrible.

At one of the stores I was at today, they had Musical Fidelity and I wanted to hear the A3CR power amp; after that I had them switch to the Bryston 4B ST, on the same equipment; for my tastes it was the Bryson all the way. Yet, according to Stereophile the MF is Class A and the Bryston Class B.

Another example, there is no shortage of users happy with the MC352, yet I know a guy that owned a MC500, which listed for more than the MC352, and replaced it with a 332/331, can't remember which, and he said the ML bettered it in every way.

I also talked with another that owned or was very familiar with the MC500, in fact, Ljgj I believe, and they concurred that they were not as thrilled with it, but the less expensive 352 garners praise.