Mark Levinson ML436

Hi All,

Has anyone use a pair of ML 436 with Parasound JC2 preamp?
I believe John Curr designed the Mark Levinson JC2 in the old day. Hence, I guess the ML 436 may be a good match with the Parasound JC2. I'm running them with Kef 205/2.
Do you have any recommendation on other power amps (monos) which may run well with the Parasound JC2?
I like the tube warm like sound but don't want to down the tube path!

Thank you all
primare_cd31

Showing 1 response by andromedaaudio

Yes i had a problem with my ML 431 which i owned for 5 years , it could easily have been rissen because i had a melted head fuse (not correctly placed by the electricity company) which gave me serious voltage fluctuations .
The dutch importer / Mark levinson handled it professionally and replaced a complete section with a new one (guarantee period), besides from that it was absolutely fussfree and a pleasure to operate and i still mis those fronts and red standby lights , just look inside one , the build quality is formidable , i only heard of the earlier 3 series that they sometimes had to have their powersupply caps renewed.
I will probably buy back some 436 amps one day, to me it is still the /one of the nicest SS i ve heard ,despite all the newcomers on the market