Mark Levinson in Lexus?

did i just see/hear what i thought i did on television? mark levinson car stereo in lexus cars?
has anyone else seen this?
fujindemon

Showing 2 responses by angela100

I have one. I bought a 2002 ES300 a couple of months ago and wouldn't buy it without the system... and it is SO worth it, it doesn't cost $5K for the system, not even $3K...
a link in case you want more detail http://www.marklevinsonlexus.com/

(by the way, all components have the Madrigal name on them.. I believe someone was stating that he thought that he heard that HK was making them.)

Anyway, I LOVE my 1 hour commute these days! The car is so quiet and the sound system is tailored for the interior.
It takes about 30 minutes to get really warmed up, then * oh * my * god *...
There is a 3 dimensional sound stage right above your steering wheel - no joke. right out over the damn dash board. Yeah, the sound is everywhere in the car, but the whole thing is gathered up and delivered to the driver in a most amazing way.
If you listen to really well-recorded CD, you can really hear the difference. It has a 6 CD changer in the center console. You just load up the cassette and they are neatly and safely tucked away.
I told myself that if I was going to spend that kind of money, I was not going to skimp; I was going to get EXACTLY what I wanted.

cheers,
aj
Tim, I was breaking the price out for the sound system ONLY. It is true on all Lexus cars, not just the ES. THis is the one that I am familiar with. The ML system does not come ALONE in any package. You know how the options work, that includes leather interior, special lights, heated seats, etc. You can't just order the ML system. Lexus doesn't make cars that way, so if you want it, you have to get inside of another package. You know what I mean? So if you looked at the entire package price, yeah, it's over $3K, but not just for the ML.
off to the salt mines and the ahhhhh COMMUTE ahhhhhh
aj

mergers mergers mergers.... everywhere..... I work for HP - for now- and am really sick of mergers :)