Mark Levinson 39 or Wadia 830 for direct to amp?

As you know, both of these players have volume control. Which would sonically pair better going direct into a Proceed Amp 2: Mark Levinson 39 or Wadia 830? Speakers are Revel F30’s. 
jsbach1685
my concern with either of those would be the age of them and if something should happen and it needs to be fixed.....can it be ? and if it can, what is that going to cost (factor in shipping both ways / parts / labor ).

Wadia… but that is because I actively like the sound of Wadia and actively do not like the house sound of Mark Levinson (too sterile).
The ML 39 uses a cdm12 industrial transport. The wadia uses the pioneer 1343 stable platter—same as the theta miles. I googled both and there are replacements out there, but I don’t think the parts are made anymore. Cost for these replacements appear to be consistent around $250-300. Since the preamp I got didn’t work out, I think I’m rushing on just resolving the problem by just going with a cdp with good volume control. Cd is my reference, but I still stream via irDAC and ipad to discover new music. There is a mcintosh ma6450 local to me I may check out and see how it sounds with the revels. If it gels, I’ll likely sell the proceed and then likely checkout new players or go with a newer transport. 
some members like going direct to amp and others have said that they seem they are missing something in the music, so they add a preamp.  you can do a search here or even google for cd players with volume control if you still want to go that way....and maybe you can find one that isnt so old.

you always seem to be buying low budget stuff,....ask questions , sell.....buy budget equipment, sell....repeat.            
why not look at getting something better than budget stuff ?      it would get you off of this merry go round.    
Been a long time since I’ve listened to the two players mentioned, and never heard either going direct. Took home the Wadia 830 and felt at the time my current ARC CD2 was the better sounding player. Today I’d say pass on both and look at a Cambridge CXC V2, RME ADI 2fs DAC/Teddy Pardo PS combination or something similar. I use mine direct most of the time and feel my ModWright LS 36.5 preamp is damn good which speaks highly for the RME when using a upgraded linear power supply.  Probably close to the price of these older players as well if not less.