Mark Levinson 39 Drawer problem

I have a problem with my ML 39: It seems that the drawer is not communicating with the main unit. The loading drawer does not open or close, the display states "Drawer" or "opening" or "closing" before "Stopped!"
I checked the internal connections between drawer and main board and also looked for obvious issues on the drawer unit.
I do not have a service manual...

Thanks for all feedback
agosto
re calibrate the drawer.   It’s either that or a bad  eprom  ( hopefully the former) 
emtrey,
Thanks. Can you tell me how to calibrate the drawer? I am not familiar with the process.
 I no longer have  it around since I  Included all the manuals etc when I sold my 390S .

I did find this on Audiogon---this should be your first thing to attempt. I have a 390S that is now my backup (since I jumped on the AR CD7/8 bandwagon) and I follow Levinson's recommended drawer calibration procedure about every two weeks. It works best if the drawer is open and even better if it is closed part way, but it works (so I have been told by the former dealer) even when you start with the drawer closed.

1. Turn off the power at the back of the 39.
2. Press the drawer open button on the front of the 39 and keep it pressed while you turn on the power switch on the back of the 39.
3. With the drawer open button still pressed, watch the front display on the 39 change as the 39 runs through its cold start procedure. When you see the word "calibrate" in the display, remove your finger from the drawer open button and let the 39 cycle through whatever number of drawer openings and closings its software determines to be necessary until the drawer is deemed (by the software) to be calibrated.

If this doesn't work, you will probably need to send it in for service. And from what I have heard/read, their service is unfortunately quite expensive.   Good luck.
emtrey

much appreciated! Unfortunately, I just tried the calibration procedure and I got "Failed" on the display. So I think I am doomed...

And you are correct with the expensive service: A while ago, I had my 333 serviced. Good work - repaired, new caps and updated to the latest version but paid over $2,000 for it.
I am not sure if I want to go that route with the 39...

Again - many thanks
I don't know for sure but I have heard they will not sell parts to anyone so you are at their mercy.   I would not spend too much fixing it.  That drawer setup is prone to problems.

I saw one bill bill to fix a 390s for $2200.  I sold mine for $2500.