Mark Levinson 380S

I'm sure I'm going to feel like an idiot when I get the answer, but here goes . . .

I just picked up a a 380S Preamp. I have chosen an input for my turntable and named that input PH 4. However, when I set Mode to Monitor, the display reads PH 4 OFF, and I am getting no signal. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to change this to PH 4 ON, or just PH 4. There is no mention of OFF being a setting in the Monitor mode. (FYI, the turntable is feeding into a ML PLS226 Power Supply & 25S Preamp, and the 380S is feeding a ML 333 Amp.)

Any ideas?

levima

Showing 4 responses by levima

Certainly! There is no signal going to the amp, no noise of any sort. It seems to me that OFF means that the input is not inputting. How do I turn OFF off?

Thanks, I do have the manual, but appreciate your link. However, this simply prevents the designated input from sending a signal to the recording outputs. This has nothing to do with sending the signal to the amp & speakers.

It isn't RECD OFF that is the issue (which is indeed displayed when I go into Record Select Mode), but PH 4 OFF (which is displayed in Monitor Mode.) As the instructions say, RECD OFF should be in effect if you simply wish to listen to a signal and not record it.