Mark Levinson 331 or McCormack .5 Rev. A

I am planning on either upgrading my McCormack DNA 0.5 to Steve McCormack's Revision A ($1,000) plus add Balanced Inputs ($400). Or sell my McCormack and purchase a used Levinson 331. Does anyone have experience with either of these two amplifiers? Just looking for some good advice...Thanks and much appreciated.
jla

Showing 1 response by paj

Hey John: To answer your questions about the 3" clearance for ventilation, no problem. I have my 331 on the bottom shelf of a Salamander cabinet. I have the sides on the cabinet. I have about 3" and have not had any problems. The amp runs cool. As for the 331, it is a great amp. However, I have to agree with Charlie. What is up front makes a great difference. But, just as important is the fact that I don't anybody that hears the same. What may sound good to me may not sound good to you. Therefore, you need to make the judgement yourself, with your equipment and cables. By the way, just to let you know my 331 is listed for sale, however, it appears that I have been under priced by other 331's lately....that is what makes this a great site, power of competition. Good luck on your decision. PJ