Mark Levinson 331 or McCormack .5 Rev. A

I am planning on either upgrading my McCormack DNA 0.5 to Steve McCormack's Revision A ($1,000) plus add Balanced Inputs ($400). Or sell my McCormack and purchase a used Levinson 331. Does anyone have experience with either of these two amplifiers? Just looking for some good advice...Thanks and much appreciated.
jla

Showing 2 responses by john_l

They will not work with the zplugs. You can send your nordost cables back to the factory for re-terminating.
I just bought the DNA-1 Delux w/rev A and switchable balanced inputs. It is great sounding. Good soundstage, clean with detail, and excellent bass. It's not quit the match of a tube amp on soundstage, but close. I'm using it with my Vandersteen 3aSigs and Audio Physic Virgo's. It sounds GREAT with both of them. The vandersteens were especially improved. I have liked the sound of every DNA amp I have heard. I have not heard the 331. There was a discussion of its sound in stereophile a few months back. It was the issue where they reviewed the 334. They compared it and did an update to a 331.5 revision. Stereophile currently has a DNA1/A that they in the process of reviewing. They mention it every once in a while.