Mark Levinson 27.5, Classe CA-200 or AR-D400

Hello all. I am looking for information regarding which ofo the three (3) power amps mentioned above would be a good musical support for my Magnapans 1.6 speakers?

I don't have the funds to go for a brand new power amp so I've been looking hard at the use market. I understand that the two Classe amps are more powerful than the ML 27.3 but think there is a good possibility it will be able to drive the Maggies since I don't listen to music at really loud levels. I mostly listen to small group and big band jazz and large, small scale classical music and small and large scale choral works. I am looking for the power amplifier (solid state) that will do a good job of producing the human voice well and throwing a big sound stage with plenty of depth. While I love the tube sound I don't want to deal with changing tubes, biasing, etc. I may have to sacrifice something in the way of sound staging but I am prepared to deal with that.

I would very much appreciate any assistance I can get from the many expert listeners and users of these and other power amps. Thanks much.

rbwinterlink

Showing 1 response by tpsonic

@nd the Levinson.Might also recommend Belles/Power Modules and Symphonic Line.