Mark Levinson 26 pre amp

Dear sirs,

It is so hard to find a 26 preamp now. I have purchased a 27 power amp and everyone told me I should match it with 26 preamp but I just can't find one in ebay or Audiogon for few months already. Can any one help?
ken1967

Showing 8 responses by ken1967

Thanks Paul and Nsgarh,

It has been 4 months waiting already. Although some friend offer me 38 and 38s preamp as well as good preamp like ARC LS7 and Sphinx Project 8 etc. I want to wait for 26 or 26s because I don't want to try other preamp with a risk of not match of 27 power amp and then draw a conclusion of Mark amp is not good enough. Should someone know any 26 or 26s avaliabe. I am interest to buy at reasonable offer.
Dear Nsgarch and Tab110s,

Except for the Telfon board, what is the different between 26 and 26s, becuase the 2nd hand price difference is hugh! ( difference Over USD1,200 I think )!!!!! What is the fair price of 26 and 26s??

Ken
Thanks so much for your comment

Youradvise is so great. It seems my waiting for 5 months is worth and I shall keep on until a good Mark unit turn up. But I saw some 26 with balance input option ( or claim to have) how come?

I have a Mark 27 power amp. Sound sweet and power to me with my Proac 2.5. No matter what. I will wait for 26 or 26s. Depends on which turn up first.
One more question of 26 for Nsgarch

Where you buy the 26 or 26s? Can find in Audiogon now or can't find the one at reasonable price as you had paid for.
Dear Nsgarch hing,

I got my Mark 26s RCA in Audiogon la. Price USD$3,XXX. I am now a happy man.

I amtch it with 27 but now think of upgrade to 23.5 ( price USD$3,000) OK? Some of my friend ask me to pay a bit more for 20.5 So what do you think?

Ken1967
Thanks Nsgarch, I think I will go for 23.5 as I have no space for mono block. I pay $3100 for 26s (RCA). The 23.5 I am going to purchase is also RCA ( very new with series no of 7XXX)