Mark Levinson 20.0 amps, "Anyone with info on it"

I'm currently running a ML333, I'm thinking of replacing it with the Mark Levinson 20.0. I try to look around for infomation about the amps, but there was very few resources. If someone who have or had the 20.0, or know about, can you please tell me what it is all about. How would you compare it to other monoblock, how does it sound compare to the newer ML's, etc. Thanks,Danny
trandanny820

Showing 3 responses by trandanny820

RivesAudio, thanks for the response....Amazing, I can't believe this but I'm going for the same same set-up too. Levinson 20s for highs, Krell KMA160s for lows working together. You have sweet set-up there....I really appricate your break-down in the ML20's, you can't explain it any better. I also heard other people said the same about the ML20s, that it has a "dark" character sound to it. I'm still puzzle about the "dark" sounding description word. I have heard ML23, Krell KAS, or ML33s, and the ML333. Would any of these amp fit the description of having a dark sound to it. Thanks,Danny
Thanks again for the explaination. I have the Mc XR19 which sounded bright but I've replace the passive cross-over with the B&W's 801 matix x-over and I made a world of a different, much smoother. I listen to techno and trance and I listen to my music very loud (close to max. gain on my ML380s preamp). Therefore, I needed speaker that have multi. woofers, that's why I selected the Mc XR19, which have two 12' woofer per encloser, along with one 8'mids and (12) tweeters. I'm getting the Krell KBX crossover or the Mark Levinson LNC. There seem very few selection of x-over out there. What crossover are you using and what would yo recommend. Thanks
Danny
When biamping your speakers, did you have to deal with the issue of adjusting your crossover at the right slope.