Mark Knophler; recommended music??

Hi. I have been listening to music, mostly rock, for the past 35 years, but I'm fairly new to the high-end audio hobby. I have put together a very satisfying system consisting of an Arcam CD player; Cambridge Audio 840 upsampling CD player; Odyssey Audio Stratus Extreme amp; Parasound Line-Drive preamplifier, Meadowlark Shearwater "Hotrod" loudspeakers, and an RBH passive sub with outboard RBH crossover/amplifier. Audioquest solid core speaker cables and interconnects all around. Sound = phenominal. Now I need to discover additional artists and genres to better appreciate all this fine equipment. Thus far my favorite is Dire Straits, and surprisingly, Mark Knophler's solo work even more so. "Sailing to Philidelphia" and "Golden Heart" may be my two most-enjoyed discs now. Are there other artists out there with similar sound? I have discovered Diana Krall, and love her piano. Basically, I like jazz/rock/blues that emphasize percussion, acoustic guitar, and clean electric guitar (much like Knophler/Straits). Any suggestions?? Many thanks.
klipschking

Showing 1 response by cruz123

Yes, JJ Cale is a hidden gem. This tread prompted me to get out his "definitive collection" CD. Great laid back bluesy rock with a great groove. Good on a rainy day with nice glass of wine.