Marantz TT15S1 Turntable. Any opinions 1500.00 Budget. Recommendations

I need a new turntable and looked at Rega, Pro-Ject and Music Hall. Those are all tables I can buy locally.  Looking at Clear Audio but would have to be ordered. I saw a review of the Marantz turntable and see that it was designed but Clear Audio and has a 700-800 cartridge that comes with it. Trying to keep my budget at about 1500.00. Anybody have one of these that could give me an opinion? Any other recommendations in that price range with cartridge? Not opposed to used. Will be playing it through a Luxman 505U integrated. Thanks for any help.
128x128dylanfan

Showing 2 responses by theothergreg

The tables in this class are all pretty close and the Marantz will serve you well.  It really comes down to where you want to put more emphasis up front - table/arm vs cart.  mattmiller's recommendation of an RP3/DV 10X5 is a solid solution if you don't want to upgrade a lot in the future. 

If you step up to the RP6 with Exact 2 cartridge (you should be able to find one in your budget) you get a quieter table, better tone arm and separate power supply.  I have one in a second system and the cartridge is a nice combo with that table and easy to upgrade in the future.