Marantz SR6006 HDMI out to TV problem.

Recently installed Marantz sr6006 and ran hdmi to receiver then to tv. Felt like the picture was veiled like a fog and colors muted. Ran component from dish receiver to tv and found the picture was much improved. Veil was gone. Picture was crisp and colors vibrant. When I switched back to hdmi my wife asked what I had done. Said picture was awful!!

Anyone have a suggestion on what might be causing this?
Thanks
Steve
scoly1

Showing 2 responses by scoly1

Thanks for the suggestions so far. My hdmi cables are Monoprice high speed cables. Should I try a different brand? Have a 50 foot hdmi from monoprice that runs from the receiver to the bedroom. It seems to be fine.

My planned approach is:
1 Try a different hdmi cable
2. Different hdmi output from receiver (it has two)
3. Run a Blu Ray movie through the receiver checking both picture and sound for hd.
4. Try a different hdmi input on the tv
5. HDMI direct from dish box to tv

Any other suggestions for what I might try. I will go through all settings on both the tv and the receiver when I start.
Thanks
Steve
Update
Home last night and began the disassembly of my system to try to find my problem. Went through wiring, connections, and settings. No joy.
Sat down with the manuals for the receiver and tv and began to read. Found that hdmi 1 on my tv is for DVI connections with some kind of HDMI adapter. Switched the hdmi cable to hdmi 2 and there it was. The picture quality I had expected. Have to admit I was surprised.
Maybe my experience will help someone else.
Thanks again to all that tried to help.
Steve