Marantz sa113 vs esoteric k-07

Hi , has anyone had a chance heard of the Marantz SA-11S3 vs Esoteric K-07 compared how they sound? Which is a better player overall? I am thinking of upgrading my Cary 306/200 . Any advise ? Thanks in advance , I really appreciate your input! I am using Usher mini2 , R1.5 amp in mono and Acoustic Zen double barrel speaker cables, and Absolute IC's.

Unclechardy
uncle_chardy

Showing 2 responses by plutos

I suggest to find Marantz SA-1 (used) at basically same price as 11S3 and and be done with digital. For me it is as good as it gets and much better than any digital at any price.

I have done a lots of AB to other digital that are much newer and some where 7X the price of SA-1 but I have not find any better.

Most Esoteric gear is nice sounding but nowhere near the refinement, dynamics and enjoyability that SA-1 can offer.
Hi Unclechardy, I have no experience with AVM or Ayon but I know that some suggest Ayon gear.
My experience is that you better go used but top model than some new middle model. If course this suggestion is in case when sound matters and you don't worry so much about warranty etc.
It is a myth that digital gear has incredibly involved in past decade. Maybe usb connections and PC audio but it is anyway still inferior to no compromise CDP built by a great designer.