Marantz Receiver Bad HDMI

Has anyone had problems I bought a SR7009 I had it less than 18 months HDMI inputs went out I called Marantz it was under warranty. They then sent me a B Stock 7011 less than 18 month the HDMI went out on it. Chris from Marantz customer support refused to do anything and said that the warranty had expired because Marantz provides 3 years combined warranty service. SO they combined the 1 1/2 year when the previous unit went out to the little over 1 1/2 months when the 2nd unit went out. MARANTZ should’ve provided 3 years on both units. Its not the consumers fault that their units are defective. He said that I could trade it in and get little to nothing and then use that money to purchase another Marantz receiver. Why would any one with half a brain do that, needless to say Marantz wont get anymore of my money, BUYER
BEWARE of Marantz. Chris the customer support manager is the judge, jury and executor. He says he makes the final decision. I know of no other establishment that runs that way.
sixgears2u

Showing 2 responses by miyabhai101

An added external fan might be the only solution for heat concerns and issues that would most likely be contributor for those cheap off the shelf HDMI boards failures found in cheaper AV receivers and processors.

However, I’ve had my Classe SSP 800 for years without a single issue with its HDMI board. But I sold the SSP 800 to my cousin last year cause I wanted Dolby Atmos & DTS-X setup which the Classe lacks supports of. But again the Classe SSP 800 wasn’t cheap at all and did retail for $9500 when purchased brand new when it was in production up until 2017. All components and parts that go into this unit are all high grades and not some cheap off the shelf parts found in Marantz, Onkyo/Integra, Denon, Yamaha, Pioneer, Sony AV receivers or processors.
My cousin still has the SSP 800 and he said it’s still going strong, the unit is roughly 8 to 9 years old.