Marantz PM8006 vs NAD C375BEE

Hi Audiogon community, I have been an avid follower for the past 2+ years, however this is my first ever post.

Unfortunately, like many I am looking for a new amp and not close to a shop where I can audition new equipment.

I am currently looking for a new int amp and believe that I have narrowed it down to the Marantz PM8006 or the NAD C375BEE. I listen mostly to vinyl and my current setup is a pair of GoldenEar Triton 7 towers (~3 weeks old), a vintage Thorens table (just finished the rebuild with new springs, wiring, a custom walnut plinth, Jelco 750 tone arm and an AT750SH MM cart) and a Music Hall 15.3 amp.

The Music Hall amp was great with my previous Q acoustics Concept 20 bookshelf's but not so much with the new triton 7s. I am looking for something with a little more power and tone controls, i.e. to accommodate for a loss of frequency detection on my part.

I realize that this is in large part a personal taste question, however I wonder if anyone has heard either amp in person and what the current opinions are. Other suggestions of integrated amps with tone controls that you think would work well/better with the current setup are also welcomed, eg, Yamaha A-S2000 or Yamaha A-S801 etc. (budget < $1500 and open to used).

Thanks

B

tuckerba
I have a PM6005 and it has a nice sound. I'm selling as it doesn't have the current to drive my Focals against their impedance.

Overall I liked the amp a lot for what thats worth.
@Tuckerba,
I would highly recommend the following integrated amps :
* Rotel RA-1592 ($2500). Rated 200 wpc @ 8 ohms and is stable down to 3 ohms.
* Parasound Halo Integrated ($2500).
* Musical Fidelity M5i ($2k). 
These integrated amps will perform and sound better than your Marantz PM8006.