Marantz Media Streamer NA6005

I have had this unit for several months and have used it to stream internet radio, Pandora, and high resolution music files stored on my PC.  When it works, the results are great.  It's internal DAC is good, but my external Musical Fidelity M1DAC is a bit smoother.

I have been able to use it for several months at a time without problems but occasionally it locks up.  There is no good way of rebooting it without resetting it to factory settings and going through the installation process from scratch.  All your saved favorites are wiped out.  It takes me over an hour to restore everything and I've had to do this at least twice.  The Marantz support group is responsive (one to two business days) but have not come up with any solutions and apparently there are no firmware fixes in progress. 

I am looking for a replacement as I write this.  Life is too short to be jacking with this unit, which was intended for pleasure rather than pain.
richardp01
I had the same issues with the first Marantz streamer, the NA 7004.
oh, and the controlling app was terrible.  I know just use it as a DAC in my 3rd system  for Apple TV.  I had the same experience with their product support, as the various fixes were useless.  There were firmware upgrades, and invariably they would cause 3 new problems for every one it fixed.
  Marantz just can't do streamers.  They should drop out of that niche.  I understand why they want to stay in that category, but after learning that my issues were common amongst users, I swore off all Marantz products, even though I do like their house sound.
  I use Bluesound now.  Not perfect, but a lot less buggy than Marantz
I had the same issues with the first Marantz streamer, the NA 7004.
oh, and the controlling app was terrible.  I know just use it as a DAC in my 3rd system  for Apple TV.  I had the same experience with their product support, as the various fixes were useless.  There were firmware upgrades, and invariably they would cause 3 new problems for every one it fixed.
  Marantz just can't do streamers.  They should drop out of that niche.  I understand why they want to stay in that category, but after learning that my issues were common amongst users, I swore off all Marantz products, even though I do like their house sound.
  I use Bluesound now.  Not perfect, but a lot less buggy than Marantz
Agree completely.  Life is too short.  I had one for a month, after the second time I had to start over, I called crutchfield and got a return authorization number.  I relented and kept it another couple of weeks...but when it went out a third time, back it went.  I was happy with the sound and the price, but I replaced it with a Cambridge 851N and am much happier with the sound and the interface, especially when streaming computer files.  It has never given even a hickup ( had it about a month now).  I would look for Marantz to replace or upgrade the 6005.  These are not isolated examples, and once your reputation slips...let me add I love the Marantz sound, have a SA8004 that has served me flawlessly for years, and a Marantz receiver in my home theatre system.