Marantz DV8400 SACD Output

I'm trying to run my Marantz DV8400 into my Cambridge Audio Azur 851 player. I'm using the coaxial output from the Marantz into the Cambridge. I can only get audio if I set the Marantz SACD output to "CD layer". As far as I know the Cambridge will accept the higher output from the Marantz - but the display on the Cambridge only sees  44k. As soon as I change the setting on the Marantz to SACD the Cambridge can't find the signal. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance 

malibupacific
You can't get SACD from a digital output due to copyright protection.  There are only a couple of players that can do it and you will need a matching dac to do it.  DCS does it as well as PS Audio, but you would need the transport  and dac using the HDMI output.

Post removed 
Won't work you can only use the dac on the cdp to get the SACD layer to play, you have to connect with the analog.
Thanks... So am I better off using the analog SACD signal or set the Marantz to  CD and feed it into the digital input?
You would need to use the analog audio output connections not the digital output for SACD. You can connect both the digital and analog and switch between them use analog for the SACD and digital for redbook. See if you can hear a difference I never could on my Onkyo SACD player so I quit bothering and just listen to the redbook layer through digital.