Marantz CD6004 vs Cambridge Azur 650C

I'm trying to decide between the Marantz 6004 or Cambridge 650C.

System consists of Vandersteen 2Ces, Belles 150 amp, and Placette passive volume control; cables are Kimber Silver Streak and bi-wired 8TC.

Prefer top-end air and extension over richness, which the 2Ce/Belles combo supplies enough of. Very much want to keep the current system's rhythm and pacing, which makes listening a toe-tapping, impossible to sit still experience.

Any thoughts?
dks22
I went with the Emotiva ERC-2, as opposed to the Marantz 6004. It came down to price (Emotiva was $350 with the Christmas sale), Marantz was $500. The Marantz's main appeal was that it was made in Japan and some excellent reviews for the 5004.

I use the Emotiva in a bedroom system with Outlaw RR2150 receiver, Totem Mites, QED silver speaker cables, Better Cables silver interconnects.

Very surprised with this CD player. Excellent rhythm and pacing. Excellent detail. Very life like. Not warm, not sterile. HDCD CDs sound excellent. First CD player to make the Totem Mites sound alive. I can only imagine how good the Emotiva would sound with your level components.

I used a Cambridge Audio 540 Azur for a few years ... same receiver, different speakers (Rega Aras). Nice sounding player, before the tray door stopped opening. Still not as nice sounding as the Emotiva.

Supposedly the DAC in the Emotiva is the same one used in CA 840 cd player.

If you can wait for a sale ... do so. 30 day money back return and a 5 year warranty. Hard to beat.

Rich
The Marantz is Superbly open and spacious delivery; fine detail and subtle dynamics; iPod connection whats HI-FI REVIEW. CANT GO WRONG WITH THIS PLAYER AT ALL FOR THE MONEY.I HAD A CAMBRIDGE 740C FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS AND IS LITTLE MORE EXTENDED SOUNDING THEN THE MARANTZ,LIKE OTHER PERSON SAID IN THIS THREAD. I AM USING A BABY SOPHIA AMP,WITH KLIPSCH RB-81II SPEAKERS AND THE MARANTZ IS REVEALING,BUT A LITTLE WARMER SOUNDING,AND TO ME YOU KNOW HOW HORN LOADED SPEAKERS CAN BE VERY REVEALING WITH ANY PLAYBACK SOURCE. I USE KIMBER 4TC SPEAKER WIRES WITH MY KIT.