Marantz AV8003 Processor

I've just received my new processor for 4 days now. After reading previous reviews, the Michael Fremer one really scared me away from the processor because of the perceived difficulties in switching inputs and a difficult remote.
I can assure everyone that inputs are easy to switch. every input is linked directly to a number. The remote's backlight can be set up to a minute. Setting personal input names and links to hdmi, coax etc can b e a little confounding but I figured everything out under an hour and half. Sound quality is good but I have yet to set the EQ with the mic. Sound is not quite as transparent as my Simaudio Attraction 7.1 but blue ray playback with the new sound formats are fantastic. Hope this will help.
anwill

Showing 1 response by garybx

I also use the AV8003 and am generally very pleased. The one thing that I can't figure out is whether there is a direct remote control code to set the audio mode. Every time that I switch from one of my HDMI inputs to a composite video input, the audio remains in one of the Digital modes, and I have to hit the A/D button 3 times to cycle to the Analog setting. If you've got any idea where to find the direct code to set Analog mode, I would really appreciate it.